March 29, 2013
Mission & Values
Embracing wholeness for patients and the people who care for them through clinical and educational innovation.
We are about caring for the whole person — body, mind, emotions, will, relationships and spirit. We believe that this is the true foundation of medicine and the patient centered medical home. Faithful patient centered care is shaped by five core values:
Reflecting the love of God through caring, respect and empathy.
- Listens to others with kindness and consistently treats them with courtesy and respect.
- Acknowledges others by name and greets them with eye contact and a smile.
- Anticipates the needs of patients, family members, co-workers and guests.
Ensuring our actions are consistent with our values.
- Honors the sacred trust of those we serve.
- Builds trust through accurate and honest communication with colleagues.
- Respects personal dignity and privacy.
- Follows through on commitments and holds self and others accountable for actions and outcomes.
Providing care that is safe, reliable, efficient and patient centered.
- Takes all necessary measures to ensure safety in the workplace.
- Thoughtfully balances the clinical, operational and financial impact of actions and decisions.
- Takes the initiative through patient care or supportive services, in setting high standards to ensure an exceptional experience for patients, family members and guests.
Collaborating to achieve a shared purpose.
- Demonstrates passion for the team.
- Commits to sharing knowledge and creating opportunities for continuous learning in order to ensure team strength.
- Recognizes the contributions of others and affirms and celebrates their successes.
- Actively contributes to the collaboration process and clearly communicates ideas in order to ensure team success.
Embracing a balanced life that integrates mind, body and spirit.
- Supports the spiritual mission of a faith-based health ministry.
- Demonstrates a positive, peaceful and hopeful attitude.
- Promotes wellness and supports a healing environment through the use of prayer, humor, healthy living and other supportive behaviors