Hover over or tap each faculty member’s photo to see his/her bio.
- Hoby went to medical school at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He completed his family medicine residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He was a chief resident there and completed an Academic Faculty Development Fellowship with a focus on creating a Global Health Track for interested family medicine residents. As part of his residency and fellowship, he traveled to Uganda and Ghana. He is married and has a rescued, Pekingese dog named "Jacob". He loves drinking coffee, listening to music, learning, playing golf, watching sports, traveling, and of course, training new family docs!
Hobart Lee, MD
- Lauren attended medical school at Hahnemann University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, completed Family Medicine residency at Loma Linda University and Sports Medicine fellowship at Kaiser Permanente . She completed a Master of Public Health degree with a focus on Health Promotion and enjoys caring for multigenerational families encouraging them to achieve optimal health. In addition to serving as Team Physician for University of Redlands, UC-Riverside and Redlands High School, she’s an active volunteer in many community organizations. She is an Assistant Program director for LLIECHE FMRP and Director of Primary Care Sports Medicine at LLU. She has held numerous local, state and national officer positions representing family and sports medicine physicians. Lauren loves spending time with her wonderful family, enjoys the outdoors, and is energized by mentoring future family physicians.
Lauren Simon, MD, MPH
Assistant Program Director
- Margarete complemented medical school at University of Auckland in New Zealand, her Family Medicine Residency at Franklin Square in Baltimore, and her Preventive Medicine Residency at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. She is passionate about global health, and lifestyle and sports medicine. In her free time, Margarete enjoys spending time with her family, all outdoor activities, and the ocean!
N. Margarete Ezinwa, MD
Core Teaching Faculty
- Sara graduated from Loma Linda University School of Medicine and also completed her residency here with LLUMC’s Family Medicine Residency Program. In her free time she enjoys biking, yoga, travel and spending time outdoors. She is passionate about whole person care and loves working with residents.
Sara Halverson, MD
Core Teaching Faculty
- Jason graduated from Loma Linda University School of Medicine and then completed his Family Medicine residency at Florida Hospital in Orlando, Florida. After working a year an urgent care, he moved with his wife (also a Family Physician) to Nigeria, West Africa where he worked at the Seventh-day Adventist Hospital Ile-Ife training Nigerian Family Physicians at the only Adventist residency-training program in Africa as well as serving as Medical Director of the hospital. During the five years he lived in Nigeria, Jason taught BLS, ACLS, and PALS courses and started the second American Heart Association Training Center in Nigeria. He also ran the Women’s Health department and enjoyed delivering multiple twins (Nigeria has the highest twinning rate in the world). After Nigeria, Jason and his family moved to Honduras where they worked at the Valle de Angeles Hospital near Tegucigalpa. In Honduras, Jason again started an AHA Training Center at the hospital as well as served as Medical Director. Jason has a passion for global health and continues to serve overseas 6 weeks each year covering physicians who are taking their vacation.
Jason Lohr, MD
Core Teaching Faculty
- Van transitioned from the warmth of sunny, southern California to attend medical school in Iowa, at Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine. It was her best decision — a chance to experience four seasons, learn the Midwest hospitality, appreciate true ice cream, and even learn some medicine. California, however, did summon her back for Family Medicine residency at Loma Linda University. During her residency, she found true joy in treating all patients, appreciate the breadth of family medicine, and learn the importance of creating those relationships with patients. Van rejoins the residency as faculty to share her passion for taking care of patients and engaging other learners to help them reach their own potential. Outside of academic medicine, Van loves to spend time with her awesome husband, Larry, and furry four-legged child, Alte, pier-fishing, updating her home, and making a little bit of noise on her piano.
Van Nguyen, DO
Core Teaching Faculty
- Upon graduating from Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Dan completed his residency at Womack Army Medical Center in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He was honored as “Intern of the Year” and ultimately served as Chief Resident. He taught in that residency for the next four years where he was voted “Teacher of the Year.” Thereafter, he moved back to his home state of Michigan where he practiced for seven years in a hospital owned Family Medicine group. He then moved back to his hometown joining a private practice and becoming president of the corporation and managing partner. After 14 years in private practice he returned to Loma Linda where he is the Medical Director of the Family Medicine Faculty Clinic. His desire is to instill a sense of fun in the practice of medicine while demonstrating each day can be gratifying through the knowledge of making a meaningful difference in the lives of those we served. He is committed to the essential nature of whole person care. In his spare time he enjoys running, cycling, hiking, and all outdoor activities.
Daniel Reichert, MD
Core Teaching Faculty
- Jessica attended Marquette University where she received a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology. She completed a Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship with an emphasis in Primary Care Psychology at the San Francisco VA Medical Center. In addition to her role providing behavioral health curriculum to the Family Medicine residents, she is the clinical supervisor for the Family Medicine Psychology Practicum Program, and maintains an Integrated Behavioral Health practice in the Family Medicine Faculty Clinic. Jessica is passionate about training psychology students and residents in behavioral health, whole person care, and issues of diversity and inclusion. In her free time she loves spending time with family and friends, watching sports/movies, exercising, reading, and traveling.
Jessica McClintock, PhD
- Kelly is a full professor at Loma Linda University in both the departments of Family Medicine and Psychology. She received her Ph.D. from Bowling Green State University in Lifespan Developmental Psychology. She has published numerous research articles, given hundreds of professional presentations and conducted many regional and federal grant projects. She teaches in the residency program and supervises research projects and curriculum development grants. She also teaches developmental psychology and research to clinical psychology doctoral students. Her current research interests include team-based care as well as NIA funded research relating to stress and religion effects on mental and physical health outcomes.
Kelly Morton, PhD
Director of Research & Scholarly Activity
Associated Teaching Faculty
- Nancy Anderson, MD – Dermatology
- Kevin Balli, MD – Gynecology
- Marti Baum, MD – Pediatrics
- Pamela Bekendam, MD – Ophthalmology
- Prashanth Bhat, MD – Family Medicine
- Gregory Cheek, MD – Pulmonary Medicine
- Sum Cheung, MD – Obstetrics
- George Chonkich, MD – ENT
- Ralph Clark, MD – Chemical Dependency
- James Crounse, MD – Family Medicine
- Geir Frivold, MD – Cardiology
- Mary Hanna, MD – Family Medicine
- Russell Hoxie, MD – Geriatrics
- Ramon Issa, MD – Family Medicine
- Leo Jeng, MD – Pediatrics
- Grace Kim, MD – Pediatric Emergency
- Jeffrey Kim, MD – Family Medicine
- Wessam Labib, MD – Family Medicine – Geriatrics
- Allen Liu, MD – Family Medicine
- Jason Lohr, MD – Family Medicine
- Erica Min, PharmD – Pharmacy
- Gina Mohr, MD – Family Medicine – Palliative Care
- Tekisha Lindler – Urology
- Juan Najarro, MD – Family Medicine
- Tim Nesper, MD – Emergency Medicine
- Ioana Pasca, MD – Internal Medicine
- Wesley Phipatanakul, MD – Orthopedics
- Brenda Rea, MD – Preventive Medicine
- Sharon Riesen, MD – Pediatrics
- Karen Shannon, MD – Family Medicine
- Kevin Shannon, MD – Preventive Medicine
- Nadia Sheridan, MD – Family Medicine
- Raman Sidhar, MD – Family Medicine
- Heme Silvet, MD – Cardiology
- Dustin Smith, MD – Emergency Medicine
- Catherine Tan, MD – Pediatrics
- Neha Vaghasia, MD – Pediatrics
- Roger Woodruff, MD – Family Medicine
- Kristine Zmaj, MD – Surgery