1200 California St., Ste. 240, Redlands, CA, 92374 (909) 558-6688 fm_residency@llu.edu

FAQs: IMG Applicants

Do you require a California Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) for IMG applicants?
Yes. We require a Medical Board of California Application Status letter dated within the past 12 months. To be considered for an interview this must be submitted with your application and should state that you are ready to commence training immediately.

Do you require an Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certificate for IMG applicants?
Yes. A valid certificate must be submitted with your ERAS® application. The CSA and English dates must be current for IMG applicants.

Can Loma Linda University Health Education Consortium Family Medicine Residency or Graduate Medical Education Office sponsor a VISA?
No. All applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States prior to our rank list submission. The Graduate Medical Education office (phone: 909-558-3131) is most accustomed to transferring an F1 (student) to a J1 VISA.

Do you have a USMLE Step score cutoff?
No. We consider all qualified applicants.

Do you have a medical school graduation cutoff?
No. We prefer applicants who have graduated medical school within 10 years, but we consider all qualified applicants.